When I’m working I need to listen to one song on repeat all day. My autistic brain likes the comfort of knowing what’s coming next, and the critical, analytical part of my brain switches off and leaves me in flow. It’s awesome. Evidence arose this week that not everyone knows you can put one song on repeat on Google Play. Here’s how you do it on an Android phone.
Btw, this is my walking soundtrack. I don’t actually work to any of these. But Britney definitely gets me to pick up my pace. Don’t judge me 🙂
- Navigate to your playlist or album track listing and select the track you want to repeat.
2) Tap on the album cover art.
3) When the album art enlarges, find the gray ‘loop’ icon on the lower left of the screen.
4) Tap this one time to put the whole playlist on repeat. The icon will turn orange.
5) Tap it again to put that single track on repeat – a small ‘1’ will appear in the middle of the loop icon. Now your brain too can enter flow.
To remove from repeat just tap once more until the icon turns gray again.
If you want to shuffle the entire playlist choose the shuffle icon on the right side instead. I don’t use this because it would make my brain very unhappy to be unaware of what was coming next.
Happy walking and working.